Friday, January 27, 2006

Tale #5: David McDougall

Dancing Bear and Oreo walked down Alexandra Street together until they came to a house with the number 906 on it.

"That's my place," Oreo said.

"It looks like a nice cozy house," Dancing Bear said. She started to walk down the driveway.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Oreo said.

"I'm going to the back door."

"I always use the front door," Oreo said. "The front door is for important people like me."

She leaped lightly onto the front porch. Dancing Bear followed her up the six steps one at a time: thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, THUMP.

"Ring the door bell," Oreo commanded.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Dancing Bear asked. "I don't want to be rude."

"Just do it," Oreo said.

Dancing Bear rang the door bell. She could hear the bell playing a little tune inside the house. Nobody answered.

"I think I'd better try again later," Dancing Bear said.

"Try again now," Oreo said. "I want to go in."

Dancing Bear was getting very nervous about the whole thing. What if Oreo's person didn't like her? What if he was sleeping or taking a shower?

The door opened. A tall man with a beard looked out. Dancing Bear had never seen him before.

"Finally!" Oreo said. She slipped inside the house, leaving Dancing Bear standing alone on the front porch.

"Hello," Dancing Bear said. "My name is Dancing Bear. Oreo invited me to visit. Is that okay with you?"

The man peered at her. "Oh yes," he said. "I've heard about you. You're that story-telling bear. My name is David McDougall, but you can call me Doug. Come on in."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home