Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tale #15 -- Story Time

Dancing Bear looked out the front window. "Oh, my goodness!" she said, and opened the door. There were five children standing on the porch.

"Hello," said Ben. "I brought some friends."

"I see that," Dancing Bear said. "Hi, Stacy! Hi Jeanne! Have you finished knitting your new scarf yet?"

"Yes, I have," Jeanne said. "See -- I'm wearing it. I'm making one for my Dad now, for Christmas."

"And who are the people with you?" Dancing Bear asked. "They look familiar, but I can't remember their names."

"This is my older sister Carol," Ben said, "and Jeanne's brother Charles."

"May we come in?" Jeanne asked. "We would like to hear one of your stories."

"I guess it's all right," Dancing Bear said, "as long as you remember to take off your shoes."

Dancing Bear looked through the kitchen cupboard and found some trail mix to share with the children. Ben sat down in Doug's chair. Stacy and Jeanne sat on the love seat. Carol sat down on the couch. Charles sat on the floor. They munched on the trail mix, and were very careful not to drop anything on the carpet.

Dancing Bear sat down on her chair and thought. "The seasons are changing," she said. "I am going to tell you an ancient Greek story about that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home