Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tale #3: Felis domestica

One day, Dancing Bear was walking down Alexandra Street. She saw a black and white animal. "Hello," she asked politely. "Are you a skunk?"

"No," the animal said. "I am a felis domestica. That's Latin for house cat."

"That's interesting," Dancing Bear said. "There are no cats like you in the forest."

"Of course not," the cat said impatiently. "That's why I'm called a house cat. I live in a house."

"What do you do there?" Dancing Bear asked.

"I catch mice," the cat said. "I watch the world go round and make sure everything is going as it should."

"That sounds like a very important job," Dancing Bear said.

"It certainly is!" the cat said, stretching herself. "Didn't you know? Cats rule the world."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home