Monday, December 26, 2005

Tale #36 -- Ben's Blog

"How long are you going to be using that computer?" Carol asked her brother. "I need it for my homework assignment."

"Just another five minutes," Ben said.

Carol looked over his shoulder. "That doesn't look like a video game."

"It's not," Ben said. "It's a blog."

"A what?" Carol said. "I've never heard of such a thing."
"A blog," Ben said. "Blog is short for web log. It's a special kind of web site where people can write something every day."

"What would you know about making a web site?" Carol said.

"It's easy," Ben said. "Mr. McDougall showed me how. I'm going to write some stories and put them in my blog. Then everybody can read them."

"You're going to publish your stories on-line?" Carol said. "I didn't know kids could do that."

"You can have a blog, too," Ben said. "I'll show you how, if you want."

"I'll think about it," Carol said. She didn't like the idea of learning something new from her baby brother. Older sisters are supposed to know everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home